Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Brazilian Swimwear Brands - Maravilhoso!

Eu adoro biquinis brasileiros! I have to admit I have a particular love for Brazilian bikini brands. The longer I live in Miami, the more I agree with the idea that "less is more" when it comes to bikinis. I wanted to share some of my favorite Brazilian brands and please feel free to suggest brands that you know and love.

Rosa Cha

Cia Maritima

Clube Bossa

Blue Man

Adriana Degreas

Lenny

Agua Doce

I've tried to link to the actual Brazilian websites wherever possible. It's kind of funny, but I didn't include Vix because I really don't like their line for Brazil as much as the US line. In case you don't speak Portuguese, here are some basic terms to help navigate the sites:

bikini - biquini

maillot/bathing suit - maiô

beach wear - moda praia

strap/thong - correia

strapless - sem alças

size - tamanho

campaign - campanha

line - linha

styles - estilos

accessories - acessorios

contact - contato

summer - verão

winter - inverno

buy - comprar

set - conjunto

brand - marca

collections - colecoes

These are my best translations- unfortunately I have only a year or so of Portuguese practice, so feel free to suggest any corrections to my list above. Obviously on these sites where the prices are indicated by R instead of $ it means that it's in reais and not dollars.

Some great looks from Blue Man 2012:


No comments:

Post a Comment