Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Vix - Cruise 2011

So with the cruise season being in full swing, I thought I would take a look at one of my favorite designer's winter collection. Vix's Cruise 2011 stays really true to their classic looks, but with the continuation of the bohemian prints that were really popular this past summer. In addition, there are some of their basic colors and animal prints. In my opinion, Vix has the best animal prints I have seen in the swimwear world- always chic and understated, with a little bit of a sexy edge. Thankfully the use of ruffles has been a little more restrained, because honestly this past summer was ruffle-overload.

Some of my favorite looks are the Monaco White bikini with the twisted bandeau (which is kind of 70's or 80's-looking in a great way) and the Toulouse Triangle bikini. Love, love, love the turquoise and leopard. And you know like with all their stuff, this print/color combination is even more vibrant in person. It's also notable the Vix really does a great job making sure their white swimwear is opaque, even when wet! (Nothing is worse than the getting the post-swim see-through-top stares of the creepy old guy when you are walking from the ocean to your chair)




As a side note, I think a few pieces from their Cruise collection are already on sale....!!! Yay!!! Vix Sale Page

No comments:

Post a Comment